These initiation astronomical evenings take place regardless of the weather conditions (overcast or clear skies). Their ambition is to familiarize you with the starry sky using the best tools available and in the best possible conditions.
If the weather is favorable, we offer alternating and complementary observations with the naked eye and telescopic observations using a 610mm diameter instrument.
These observations are made on the observatory terrace – please bring along warm clothes for all seasons – and we do our best to seize the slightest observation opportunity when the atmospheric conditions are not ideal (partly cloudy skies).
As you already know, the weather in the mountains is extremely fluctuating. In unfavorable weather conditions, the exact program will depend on the conditions at the time – and will be given to you on site by the host in charge of the evening, who may, for example, opt for a planetarium session in the village.
• Holders of the Pass Anniviers Liberté: CHF 10 .- / pers.
• Astronomical evening and funicular ride: CHF 26 .- / adult and CHF 24 .- / child
• Astronomical evening only (for Magic Pass holders): CHF 20 .- / pers.
- The astronomical evenings starts at 21:00 in September.
- The appointment is set at the start of the funicular in St-Luc 15 minutes before the start of the animation.
- Duration: 1h30 to 2h
- Warm clothing are needed in all seasons. The late end time is to be taken seriously for the young children (age advised: 10 years and older).
- An inscription may be refuted if the number of people in writing exceeds the limit. Owners of the Magic Pass must present their pass to the animator.
In case of cancellation, contact the François-Xavier Bagnoud Observatory directly. Please be aware of our General conditions of sale.